Oregon Unemployment Benefits and AARP information and more.
This list is updated with small business COVID-19-related relief information.
NEW! Guide to re-open, recovery and resilience
Questions about the State of Oregon Unemployment Benefits? Watch this tutorial.
Oregon Employment Department Portal for Contractors & Self-Employed to claim benefits
- The minimum weekly benefit is $205, with an additional benefit amount of 1.25% of your total base year earnings (if eligible for the higher benefit). Those who are eligible for unemployment will also receive an additional Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation benefit of $600 per week, paid in a separate payment. This additional $600 is potentially payable for the weeks March 29 through July 25, 2020.
- These benefits last for up to 39 weeks. Possible eligible weeks begin on the week starting February 2, 2020.
- The Oregon Employment Department estimates that it could take between one week and one month to process claims.
To apply, visit https://govstatus.egov.
AARP information and help
Pamplin Media Group Matching Grant for Small Business Advertising
Pamplin is offering advertising grants of $250 to $10,000 a month for small businesses. Learn more and apply HERE.
UPDATE 6/23/20: Payment Protection Program Loan Forgiveness
- Are self-employed and have no employees; OR
- Did not reduce the salaries or wages of their employees by more than 25%, and did not reduce the number or hours of their employees; OR
- The EZ application requires fewer calculations and less documentation for eligible borrowers. Details regarding the applicability of these provisions are available in the instructions to the new EZ application form, linked below.
- Experienced reductions in business activity as a result of health directives related to COVID-19
- And did not reduce the salaries or wages of their employees by more than 25%
Economic Injury Disaster Loan Portal Reopens
Businesses who submitted a COVID-19 EIDL application prior to March 30 and have a “2” as the lead number in their application confirmation number must reapply using the new streamlined application for their application to be processed. Applicants with a “3” on the front of their 10 digit application confirmation number mean they have successfully applied using SBA’s new streamlined application and the SBA is processing the application. Businesses will be notified directly when the loan is approved.
Visit this EIDL link to go to the application.
For any questions related to EIDL or EIDL Advance, contact the SBA Office of Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center at 1-800-659-2955 or DisasterCustomerService@sba.gov.
Oregonian/OregonLive Matching Grant
Get advertising and marketing support. Apply for the CARES grant.
Looking for more COVID-19/Pandemic-related information? Check out this blog on resources, opportunities.